The Steampunk Society of Vermont, Ltd. is committed to providing a safe and friendly experience for everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. Following are a few policies put in place to make your festival experience as pleasant as possible. Additions to these policies can be added at any time so be sure and read these again before heading to the festival!
Code of Conduct
* Everyone must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances and regulations at all times.
* No smoking inside any building and no smoking within 25 feet of any entrances.
* Be respectful and courteous of everyone around you including attendees, guests, vendors, etc.
* Do not harass, threaten, bully, stalk, or mob people. Please do not hug or touch without permission. Respect other's personal space.
* Do not obstruct the flow of traffic, be conscientious of props, and do not run indoors.
* Please respect the facility. The Hartness House Inn has been gracious enough to host the Springfield Steampunk Festival and we would like to come back. Please leave the facilities and equipment in a condition at least as good as that in which you found them.
* All aisles, exits, fire safety devices, and concession stands must be kept clean, clear, visible, and unobstructed at all times.
* Do not tape, tack, staple, nail, or otherwise affix anything to any wall or surface. This includes doors, panels, columns, and other portions of the facility.
* Glitter, gum, confetti, stickers and door or window decals may not be used or affixed inside the facility.
* No outside the grounds food or drink may be sold or distributed on the premises without prior permission, licenses, permits, and insurance.
* Except for approved service dogs, animals may not be brought into the facility.
* No skateboards, bicycles, or roller-blades are allowed indoors.
* Costumes are not required; however, they are encouraged. Unwelcome or unsolicited criticism of cosplay, costumes, or props is unacceptable.
* Cellphones and other electronic devices must be silenced or turned off while attendees are in movie screenings, classes, presentations or workshops.
* Attendees must remain quiet during classes and performances to respect the teacher/guest/artist who is sharing their knowledge / skill with you.
* Attendees are asked to respect other attendees by not disrupting or intruding in their private conversations, videotaping/photography sessions, podcasting/recording sessions or ther activities.
* NO physical or verbal harassment of other members, guests of the festival, festival workers, the public, or staff.
* NO engaging in disruptive and unsafe behavior that disturbs other attendees, guests of the festival, festival staff, or the public.
* NO possession or use of any illegal drug, narcotic, banned substance, or alcohol.
* NO act that could result in substantial risk of harm to people or property.
* NO disorderly conduct such as public intoxication, indecent exposure, begging or soliciting.
* NO selling of actual firearms, bladed weapons, or bows & arrows.
We understand that costume-related weaponry is sometimes an important part of your costume experience. The following weapons policy will apply:
* Festival Security has the right to deem any weapon or costume unsafe and insist that it be removed from the festival space.
* No genuine weapons including firearms, bladed weapons, bow and arrows - faux weapons are allowed as part of your costume.
* No play-acting with props or brandishing of weapons is allowed unless part of approved demonstration.
* Smoke bombs, sparklers, explosives or chemicals are not permitted.
* Large weapons may not be allowed in certain events due to space restrictions.
* Do not leave your cosplay weapons unattended.
* Don't be stupid. Weapons are dangerous. Someone might get hurt and you might go to jail. Violation of any of these weapons policies will result in consequences up to and including the revocation of attendee's pass without refund; a possible permanent ban from all future Steampunk Society of Vermont, Ltd. events; and/or contact with appropriate legal authorities. Steampunk Society of Vermont, Ltd. reserves the right to deal with each matter individually, in a manner deemed fit by its members.
Photography & Videotaping
Photographing and videotaping of activities including general cosplay, personal photos/video with the guests, etc., are acceptable provided that subjects being videotaped or photographed consent to it and provided that it does not disrupt events or the flow of foot traffic. Should any festival guest or staff member request that videotaping of a particular event/item be discontinued, attendees must comply with this request immediately. All attendees acknowledge and consent to allow festival staff to take pictures of the events, performances, and attendees, and that those pictures may be used for promotional purposes.
The Steampunk Society of Vermont, Ltd. and the Steampunk Festival itself are not responsible for any loss, damage, theft or injury with regard to any attendees at any time. Attendees are responsible for their individual actions and any repercussions that may result. Civil or medical emergencies must be reported to festival staff who will contact the proper authoritie
Event Cancellation & Refund Policy <-- Please click
Springfield Vermont Steampunk Festival
Pics & Vids
Be a Volunteer
Be a Vendor
Be a Sponsor
Vendor Booth Rentals
Website Questions, Suggestions, Comments
Sabrina Smith @
|The Springfield Vermont Steampunk Festival is presented by|
Steampunk Society of Vermont, Ltd.
a 501(c)3 non-profit organization | copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved
|Festival Logo & Website Design by Sabrina Smith | Website Maintenance by Sabrina Smith|